Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - In-person and Webinar Available
Dixie Technical College Auditorium
610 South Tech Ridge Drive
St. George, Utah 84770
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Morning: Compliance Options, Plan Review and Inspections, Insulation, Windows, and Doors
The course will review each of the 5 Options available for showing compliance with the 2015 Residential IECC / Chapter 11 IRC. Includes discussion on:
- Prescriptive Tables - acceptable code years / editions.
- 2015 REScheck – UA Trade-off, options, common errors, review guidance.
- Simulated Performance – what is this, required documentation.
- ERI (Energy Rating Index) – HERS Ratings, documentation, is this the future?
- 2012 Utah REScheck – why, pass by 5% or more, what does it allow, can a R-11 wall really pass?
Also includes discussion on plan review and inspection, insulation products and installation, fenestration performance, required documentation, plans, compliance option, ducts insulation, the typical negative impact on efficiency when HVAC systems are located in attics, and ACCA Manuals J, D, & S.
Afternoon: Air Barriers, Blower Door Testing or Inspection Checklist, and Duct Pressure Testing
The course will review the insulation and air barrier installation checklist, comparing its use with the optional blower test. Includes specific details state amendments and each of the following:
**Camera must be on during entire webinar in order to receive DOPL CEs for Contractors**
- Compliance guidance for each item in the inspection checklist.
- Blower door test requirements including adjustments for townhouses and multi-family projects.
- Vented and un-vented attics
- Air sealing methods and air barrier penetrations.
- Duct Leakage and testing.
- Mechanical ventilation, blower door testing triggers
- Mechanical ventilation strategies, CFM requirements, and fan efficacy.